Monday, February 10, 2014

something new, something fresh

This weekend I wanted something new fun and fresh |I can't stop wishing it was spring| so I needed something to make it seem warm outside.. 

and this is what I came up with... Cucumber Salsa and it is sooo very yummy we couldn't get enough of it I've already made it twice and will probably make it again this week! 


Cucumber Salsa:

2-3 cucumbers 
3 large carrots 
1-2 large dill pickles 
1/2 small yellow onion 
1 can of white beans
1 small or medium bag of frozen corn |run under hot water to unthaw| 
2-3 |or more taste to decide| table spoons of olive gardens salad dressing or any Italian dressing 
Salt and pepper for taste 

Cut all veggies up place into bowl. Add unthawed corn and add beans make sure you drain and wash your beans before placing in bowl. Last add dressing and salt and pepper. Eat with some whole wheat tostada chips or fritos |both have no sugar| 

Or eat up as a salad! I couldn't decided if I was going to have it as a salad or salsa it's amazing both ways but we seemed to love it more as salsa. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment